Saturday, August 25, 2012

The Horrors Of Snow White

My friend and I started discussing the various characters in Disney's Snow White (for some reason) and she told me that the seven dwarves represented the seven deadliest sins. Well I got interested and went home to research. I couldn't find anything on the dwarves representing the sins, but I did find other more disturbing things.

Some aspects of the original Disney did retain, most Disney did not because it wasn't age appropriate.

1. In the original, the queen wanted snow's liver and lungs. And she wanted to eat it (in some cultures ppl believe a person's attributes could be obtained through consumption). CANNIBALISM.

2. Snow White was SEVEN when she became the 'fairest in the land'.
I know what you're thinking; WTH right? That is so messed up. How can a seven-year-old girl be the 'fairest WOMAN in the land'??

3. The huntsman did not kill Snow because he was in love with her beauty. PEDOPHILE.

4. Snow was displayed in a glass coffin instead of being buried. Pervert dwarves.

5. Snow did not wake up from the prince's kiss. The bit of apple dislodged from her throat when one of the servants carrying the glass coffin tripped.
The prince demanded to have Snow's coffin. What he wanted to do with e dead seven-year-old's body, well, it's up to your imagination... Or not. NECROPHILIA and PEDOPHILIA.

Such a dark story. However, I think Sleeping Beauty is by far the worst. Go research it up yourself, the post is too long. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment